Lecturer Profil Chris Hodge
He is Senior Lecturer in Fashion Communication, having worked in all areas of the fashion department at Northumbria for over 20 years. After graduating from Kingston University with a degree in Fashion Design in 1992 with a degree in Fashion Design, I worked for a variety of British High street stores, before moving to New York where I worked in Fashion Trend Consultancy and Colour Forecasting for three years.
His teaching specialisms are, Photography, Film and Concept Development, trend forecasting, styling and art direction.
He loves magazines and contemporary fashion publishing.
He is currently studying an MA in Creative Writing.
His research interests include :-
- Masculinity and gendered dress in fashion and football culture.
- Crafting outside the rules / Mindless Making
- Combining international artisanal crafting with sports cultures.
- Photographic representation of the ‘Male’
- Garment and Accessory making and customisation.