Interactive Digital Media Design
BINUS Northumbria School of Design (BNSD) is a concept result from intense collaborative efforts between BINUS UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL and Northumbria University, Newcastle, UK. It aspires to become the best design school in the region. Indonesia and ASEAN is currently one of the fastest growing regions in the world; and with that fast growth, we see a need for skilled professionals who are able to solve problems through design. One of the programs offered in BNSD is Graphic Design and New Media.
The Graphic Design and New Media Program offers a variety of opportunities in creative industry areas. It is for any student who wants to enhance their creativity and knowledge in the challenging competition of professional designers and global creative industry. It is a four-year study program, during which the foundation courses in art and design are offered in the first year program. In the following three years specific courses are provided to enhance students’ skills in creative product development. In this program, the students will learn how to integrate technical skills and theoretical knowledge in art and design to meet industry standards.
This program also offers Interactive Digital Media streaming that integrates skills of visual design, experience design and new media design. Interactive Digital Media is more focusing on producing meaningful experience for people in new digital media such as web page, smart phone, UI devices and screen based interface design. Within for years our students will be having a lot experience in learning and practicing to produce their own project that will be related to current Digital Design Industry development. Graphic Design and New Media offers two streams: Graphic Design and Interactive Digital Media.
To become an international graphic design and new media design program, providing creative study environment in order to keep relevant with the changing needs of global industry and society.
To prepare future creative leaders in the area of graphic design and new media design through innovation, with a combination of industrial feasibility and development of local resources.
1. To provide graduates with knowledge and understanding in conceptual design development, analysis and project design production
2. To equip graduates with technical skills in IT towards creative design solution
3. To complement graduates with effective communication skill in visual, verbal and written forms
4. To provide graduates with leadership, management, entrepreneurship and professional ethics to be able to work globally
5. To equip graduates with technical skills in IT towards creative design solution
Upon successful completion of this 4-year program, students are expected to be able to:
1. Create visual and printed visual communication design work that has added value and aesthetics, to overcome identity problems, mass communication, and competition problems by stakeholders.
2. Conduct research and idea exploration to set the objectives, communication target, and DKV prototype solutions that can overcome identity problems, mass communication, and considering the ethical, history, cultural, social consequence and regulatory aspects.
3. Analyze level of material utilization efficiency and time in the production process of each selected alternative solution prototype of DKV, without changing the essence and aesthetic design.
4. Communicate DKV prototype alternative solutions independently or groups in verbal form, graphical, written, and communicative models with analog or digital techniques by selected appropriate communication rules.
5. Able to build a business in visual communication field.
6. Create a design project by implementing global perspective value for competing internationally.
7. Compete globally in visual communication design area with soft skill needed.
8. Utilize updated design technology needed that can improve organizational performance.
Prospective Career of the Graduates
1. Graphic Designer
2. Publication Design
3. Branding Consultant
6. Web Designer
7. Television and Broadcast Studio
8. Corporate & Retail Industry
9. Government Institutions
10. Multimedia Designer
11. Motion Designer
12. Game Designer
13. UI/UX Designer
14. Game Artist
▪ Sarjana Desain from BINUS UNIVERSITY with a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) from Northumbria University at New Castle, England.
Major and Streaming
|Graphic Design (3+1 NU)||√||S.Ds. & BA (Hons).||Northumbria|
|Interactive Digital Media ( 3+1 NU)||√||S.Ds. & BA (Hons).||Northumbria|
|Graphic Design (Dual Award)||√||S.Ds. & BA (Hons).||Northumbria|
|Interactive Digital Media (Dual Award)||√||S.Ds. & BA (Hons).||Northumbria|
Title: S.Ds. (Sarjana Desain)
BA (Bachelor of Arts (Honours))
Graphic Design (3+1 NU) & Interactive Digital Media (3+1 NU)
In cooperation with Northumbria University, this program is designed to provide students with knowledge and practical skills to solve real world problems using design techniques. The students have the opportunity to broaden their horizons and experience by studying abroad at Northumbria University in UK on their last year of study. The students who take this program will receive both Sarjana and Bachelor of Arts degree upon completing their study. Both Graphic Design and Interactive Digital Media Stream will undertake a Graphic Design Major in Northumbria University.
Graphic Design (Dual Awards) & Interactive Digital Media (Dual Awards)
In cooperation with Northumbria University, this program provides students with knowledge, practical and creative skills in graphic design and/or interactive media. Students who would like to pursue careers in the rapidly expanding design culture are ideal for this program.
Study Completion Requirements
Major in Graphic Design and New Media
To complete a major in Graphic Design and New Media at BINUS NORTHUMBRIA SCHOOL OF DESIGN, students must complete a minimum of 146 SCUs of academic credit.
Course Structure for Binusian 2025
Major in Graphic Design and New Media To complete a major in Graphic Design and New Media at BINUS NORTHUMBRIA SCHOOL OF DESIGN, students must complete a minimum of 146 Scu’s of academic credits.
*) For CB: Pancasila course is offered for Indonesian citizen students, while Pancasila and Indonesian Culture course is offered for foreign students. **) Student applied in Dual Awards Program is mandatory to take this course (Conducted by Northumbria Lecturers)
Prerequisite for Binusian 2025
The Table of Prerequisite for Graphic Design & New Media Program
|DSGN6724007||Advanced Photography||4||3||DSGN6722007||Basic Photography||4||2|
|DSGN6562007||Graphic Design Final Project||6||8||DSGN6930007||Internship||8||6|
|DSGN7326007||Illustration Design||3||3||DSGN6647007||Drawing for Design||4||2|
|DSGN6879007||Design and Digital Media||4||5||DSGN6946007||Audio Visual||3||4|
|Streaming: Graphic Design (Dual Award and 3+1 Northumbria)|
|DSGN6725007||Digital Typography||3||4||DSGN6723007||Fundamental Principles of Typography||4||3|
|DSGN6726007||Typography for Publishing||4||5||DSGN6725007||Digital Typography||3||4|
|DSGN6720007||Design Studies I||8||3||DSGN6648007||Computer Graphic I||4||1|
|DSGN6720007||Design Studies I||8||3||DSGN6390007||Fundamental Principle of Design||4||2|
|DSGN6873007||Design Studies II||8||4||DSGN6720007||Design Studies I||8||3|
|DSGN6845007||Design Studies III||7||5||DSGN6873007||Design Studies II||8||4|
|DSGN6930007||Internship||8||6||DSGN6845007||Design Studies III||7||5|
|Streaming: Interactive Digital Media (Dual Award and 3+1 Northumbria)|
|DSGN6719007||Interactive Design Studies I||8||3||DSGN6390007||Fundamental Principle of Design||4||2|
|DSGN6549007||Screen Design Development I||3||4||DSGN6648007||Computer Graphic I||4||1|
|DSGN6872007||Interactive Design Studies II||8||4||DSGN6719007||Interactive Design Studies I||8||3|
|DSGN6190007||Screen Design Development II||4||5||DSGN6549007||Screen Design Development I||3||4|
|DSGN6853007||Interactive Design Studies III||7||5||DSGN6872007||Interactive Design Studies II||8||4|
|DSGN6930007||Internship||8||6||DSGN6853007||Interactive Design Studies III||7||5|
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2025
|No||Code||Course Name||SCU||Minimum Passing Grade|
|1.||CHAR6013007||Character Building: Pancasila||2||B|
|2.||DSGN6101007||Design and Materials||4||C|
|3.||DSGN6390007||Fundamental Principle of Design||4||C|
|Streaming: Graphic Design (Dual Award + 3+1 Northumbria)|
|6.||DSGN6720007||Design Studies I||8||C|
|7||DSGN6873007||Design Studies II||8||C|
|8.||DSGN6845007||Design Studies III||7||C|
|Streaming: Interactive Digital Media (Dual Award + 3+1 Northumbria)|
|6.||DSGN6719007||Interactive Design Studies I||8||C|
|7||DSGN6872007||Interactive Design Studies II||8||C|
|8.||DSGN6853007||Interactive Design Studies III||7||C|